Woo hoo action number one from my slummy to yummy mummy plan is complete! Yup, I’ve gone for the chop and, well, what a difference a hair cut makes.
I’ve gone from a fine, limp, receding bob to short and snappy with a whole lotta volume. It’s taking a while to get used to and I’m not sure I’ll keep it like this forever, but for the time being:
- The front swept fringe (I like to call it the ‘new mummy comb-over’) is hiding my receding (although now starting to grow back – hurrah!) hairline.
- The general shortness means my hair is in better condition.
- It’s saving me a fortune in shampoo.
- I only have to wash my hair every three days.
- I don’t have to use straighteners, in fact, the messier it looks the better it looks, so a bit of paste and enough hairspray to asphyxiate small army and I’m away
- It shows off my eyes nicely – it does!
I still get a bit of a shock when I look in the mirror and don’t recognise myself and I swing from thinking it looks either a bit Kris Jenner ‘Momager’, or Susan Kennedy-ish, or – on a good day – late 90’s Natalie Imbruglia.
There’s still some way to go with my bouffant. I’d like to dye it a darker hue – I’ve purchased the (semi-permanent) dye but not had the opportunity to do it yet. I’m also trying to remember to take hair, skin and nails vitamins but they’re currently stashed down the side of the toaster so keep getting forgotten about – whoops!
So, there, you go, my first step of the transformation is complete! Now I just need to remember to breathe!